Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ya-Ya Therapist Extraordinaire




Meet Jake...protector, defender, soother, and all around Therapist Extraordinaire for the Ya-Ya Club.



Technically, Jake is my dog. When it comes to the Ya-Yas, though, this is most DEFINITELY a mere technicality. Jake adores my sisters... my sisters adore Jake. Occasionally, I worry that Jake may even love my sisters more than he loves me...but then I sit down with a big sandwich and you couldn't pry him from my side with an earthmover...and I think I'm probably safe.



Seriously, though...when one of the other Ya-Yas comes to visit, Jake is glued to her side. And Jake is a 110 lb. extremely warm snuggler...one of the many reasons it's just so stinkin easy to love him. And Jake is a very sensitive dog...he knows when someone is sad, and that's when the doggie therapy magic begins. He'll watch over you like a guardian angel of sorts...sit outside of the bathroom when the door is shut to make sure you make it out safely, sleep cuddled up next to you so that you stay warm and feel protected, and heave his big body onto the sofa and lay his head in your lap while you're watching TV just so you know that someone cares. He. Is. The. World's. Best. Dog!



The truly sad part is when a Ya-Ya departs. Jake does NOT take this well. AT ALL. Doggie crying is heartbreaking...as are the sad "puppy" eyes that stand at the door and watch the car pull away from the driveway on the way to the airport. Then comes several days of doggie depression in which he looks like this: and then he won't eat for three days. Which I can totally relate to....because I go through the same thing. Yeah...that's how much he loves the Ya-Yas. And so do I. I feel ya, dog!

Ya-Ya

2 comments:

Leah said...

jake is by far the best doggie therapist in the whole world. i luv him!

RaeRae said...

thats my dog.