Saturday, October 25, 2008

House of Horrors?

A couple of posts ago, Anna mentioned a journey....and asked for input from our devoted followers as to why or why not we sisters should throw caution to the wind and JUST DO IT.

Now... (mind you)... we 3 have been talking about a sister trip for many years. And EVEN NOW, with "nearly" nothing to worry about except for airfare and fun-funds, there will probably be a hundred roadblocks in our way.




Honestly? I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist based on historical fact when it comes to this kind of stuff. I know that one day it WILL happen...but it will probably be later rather than sooner. Usually, I abhor being wrong. In this case, I would be delighted if I were!!

That being said, I really just wanted to share with you my list of PROS for the trip...and though I try not to be selfish most of the time, I'm going to indulge (just this once...yeah, right!) myself tonight by listing just my own personal reasons for wanting to go on this journey....and I'm limiting my list to my
HOUSE OF HORRORS.


Okay. My HOUSE OF HORRORS has nothing to do with the people who live in it...I happen to love them all dearly. Nor is my house haunted in any way, shape, or form (sorry to disappoint...since it's October, that would have been cool, huh?) . My house is actually just the worst "lemon" in the Used Car Lot. Only it isn't a car (don't even get me started on those)... it's a house.

SCREEEEEECH!!!!!





What the heck just happened? I was all ready to list my grievances against my house when I decided to look back over what I'd already written first...and then I couldn't do it. Why? Because it's just a house. It's the people inside that I love that make it my home. That will never change no matter where I live.

As for needing reasons to go on this JOURNEY with my sisters? It's pretty much the same. The only reason I need is that I love them. I love being with them. Every memory that we make together is something that I will cherish forever. Enough said.

Ya-Ya

22 comments:

Leah said...

damn those "bleeping" roadblocks!i mean for serious...im over it...come hell or high water, house of horrors or house of pain, man vs. wild or venus vs. mars....it's time to break through those barriers and do whatever the hell we want too! im tired of my life standing still while others get to test drive the road of curiosity and dreams. let's do this yayas!!

Debbi said...

do it! I dare ya.

(can I kinda be an honourary Ya-Ya for the trip and tag along? I promise I'll gossip, goof off and gripe as good as the next sister!)

Leah said...

oh no you didn't....u obviously havent been told what happens when this group of yayas play truth or dare...lol! it always ends up becoming a "dare to the death" contest. we never turn down a dare! hell i think you may as well be considered our long lost yaya!

Lyn said...

Amen on BOTH counts!!
And I say Honorary Ya-Ya grab your bag and come along...but be forewarned....some of what you see in the pubs may scare, shock, concern you, or cause you to want to crawl under the table/booth and hide =)

ya-ya

Lyn said...

LOL...the more I talk to Debbi, the more I think you may be right!!!! And Debbi...she's right about the DARE thing in our family...
oh, the things we have done because of the DARE FACTOR!!!!

Leah said...

when have i ever hid under the table...i DANCE on top of them...lmao

Lyn said...

exactly, Leah....which is why a newbie MIGHT want to hide UNDER one!!

Leah said...

awww!! are u saying we a little crazy?

Lyn said...

just a wee tad!
:D :D :P

Leah said...

oh well...crazy or not...we have adventures that are memorable to say the least!

Lyn said...

That we do! Even if some of them DO turn out to be MISadventures..which actually sometimes turn out to be the ones that are the most fun!

Leah said...

especially when shared with the best friends a girl could ever have

Lyn said...

PINCH!

Leah said...

damn those "pinch" moments

Lyn said...

I like how we make it look like a lot of people are commenting on our blog, but really it's just us...as if we don't text each other all the time anyway

Leah said...

come on girl!! fess up...we text each other while we are blogging..seriously codependent!

Lyn said...

you should really go do something productive...like take your medicine

Leah said...

how right you are my little sunflower!! it has been a while since i had a drink. :)

Lyn said...

killin me

Debbi said...

HAHAHAH, I've totally missed this whole thing until now! WTF is wrong with me? I should be stalking you sooo much better, I'm even letting MYSELF down! Stalker status officially revoked until further stalking ensues!

Anywho, I'd like to venture to let you all know that I am dead serious in believing that, if anything, I would likely be the first not on the table-- no, tables are for greenies. nope, I'd be on the bar, bitches. (yes, i totally just swore on your blog. Am I still invited to the party? PLEEEEEASE!?) Well, I'd be on the bar if I wasn't sitting on the old-dudes' lap. LMAO!

So, bring it on. you may regret making me honourary once the trip is done! :D

Lyn said...

Deb~
Pack your bags, girl....you are DEFINITELY coming along now!!!!

Debbi said...

XD