Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"What I like about ME" Wednesday


So... I've done quite a bit of traveling through BLOGLAND these past few days and have made an amazing discovery:

there are zillions (yes, it's a number) of AMAZINGLY talented women out there!

Seriously...I was hitting crafty blog after crafty blog and leaving each site feeling a little less worthy as a mom/wife/woman/crafter/human being....you get the idea.

Which brings me to the point of today's post.

Because I know I'm not the only one who does this.

One of the unfortunate truths about the Ya-Ya species (read: women), is the fact that we have a tendency to frequently (if not constantly) compare ourselves to other Ya-Yas. We wish our body looked like HER body; we wish we had the cooking skills of THAT girlfriend; oh my gosh, if we could only be as "crafty" as Martha McNeighbor!

This is not healthy behavior, my friends...I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you.

So from now on, Wednesdays have OFFICIALLY become "What I like about ME" Wednesday. And yes...I DO expect you all to play along. As long as you play by the rules:

1. POSITIVE comments only...no negativity; no qualifying your comment with even an iota of self-debasement to counter your positivity. Comments like that WILL be deleted.

2. Your "What I like about ME" may be anything...even if you have to dig deep: personality trait, body part, something fabulous that you've done in your life...use your imagination, but make it a real, honest statement.


That's it...those are the only rules. The "game" is easy to play, especially since I will get things started for us each Wednesday by posting something I like about myself. Other Ya-Yas (read: the rest of you) will then follow suit by using the comment section to tell us something they like about themselves.

See? EASY!

So I know you're dying to hear my "what I like...", right?

Today, that's fairly simple. Today, I like the fact that I had an idea that may help us Ya-Yas to quit being so hard on ourselves and recognize our own individual worth as individual ya-yas. We don't have to be like everyone else, or ANYONE else for that matter. We all have great qualities that we sometimes forget. I just want to help everyone remember that.

Ya-Ya

P.S. ~ Anna, you may NOT opt out of this one...it's your Ya-Ya-bligation as co-author of this blog!

8 comments:

Debbi said...

I pride myself on my honesty. It is sad that many also compliment me on it, as I believe it should be 'the norm'. But it's not. And I like that about me.

Lyn said...

Debbi~
I KNEW I could count on you! And you're right...it should be the norm. But it's great that you recognize that it's a wonderful quality about yourself.
And you should know that you've rapidly become one of our favorite ya-yas! I'm not even sure the "honorary" status is needed anymore!

Hugs!

Debbi said...

Woot for official Ya-Ya induction!

Leah said...

I like the fact that no matter how sad i am inside..i always try to make others feel better about themselves. I would rather be in pain than let my loved ones suffer.

Lyn said...

Leah..
I like that about you, too. But I would rather suffer in pain WITH you than have you suffer any pain just to make ME feel better...always remember that!

xoxoxox

RaeRae said...

what i like about ME?
well, i believe that's relatively obvious. i LOVE that i'm so hood :] whether others recognize that or not, i know its true and i love that about myself.

Lyn said...

raerae~
You're hood???? I never noticed! =)
Actually, we ALL love that about you...it confirms my belief that there's african-american blood in our bloodlines somewhere ;)

Leah said...

lmao...trust me! there is and some of them were at the family reunion anna and i attended.