Friday, October 24, 2008

Best Dundies Ever!!!!

The past week in this new world of blogging has been an exciting one for me...I've made new friends, learned how to do new things on the computer, and felt the therapeutic benefits of writing.

Never did I imagine that in so short a period of time, our little blog would already be given an award! Many, many, humble thanks to Tiffany at Confessions of a Shop Girl for honoring us with the Bookworm Award.
(no, it wasn't really the Dundies....it was BETTER than the Dundies, and I'm a HUGE fan of The Office!)

If you haven't had a chance to check out Tiffany's blog, do so at once...you'll love it!

Anyhoo, here are the rules for accepting the Bookworm Award:

Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

Right now, I'm in the middle of reading The Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney...and it really is the closest book to me!

The Alphabet Sisters pg.56

"I thought I'd have to start the party without you."
Bett was surprised to find herself fighting tears. "As if I'd let the birthday girl down." Another hug. "Let me look at you." Bett took a step back, still holding Lola's hands.

Okay, now I pass this award on to.......

Debbi at DaisyHalos
RaeRae at PeaceLove&RaeTard
Bella at Letterstomysister
Tia at Clever Girl Goes Blog
The Rangel-Carangui Family

Now, remember that because there are 3 of us on this blog and I CLEARLY cannot accept this award alone, I'm sure Anna and Leah will be posting the sections from p. 56 of the book closest to each one of them (in proximity) as well.

Ya-Ya

No comments: